Shottisham Campsite is situated in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB, just ten minutes from the beach at Shingle Street. We have 50 spacious grass pitches, 30 with electric, spread between five picturesque small fields and broken up by native trees and bushes, each welcoming tents, camper vans, motorhomes, caravans and RVs. For added luxury, you can opt to stay in our furnished Glamping bell tent! Enjoy meeting the animals in our onsite smallholding and even sample homegrown and homemade food at the onsite cafe!
Most Saturdays and during school holidays we do ‘animal feeding’ and take anyone who wants to come to visit the animals. During ‘animal feeding’ we feed the chickens and try to feed the alpacas – although they can be a little shy! We also feed the pigs, the sheep and the goats. If you have spare vegetables or salad then you can bring these along to feed to the chickens.
The Blue Rabbit Cafe is now open and serves delicious home-grown, home-made food from our smallholding – a farm to fork experience.
The cafe is open Saturday & Sunday for breakfast and lunch (April-October).
We are located just ten minutes from the stunning coast and five minutes from Sutton Hoo. We are a family friendly site in a prime spot for exploring all that Suffolk has to offer. We are also committed to sustainable, low-impact living to protect the surrounding environment. We are proud that 100% of our electricity comes from non-nuclear renewable sources & we use organic principles in how we manage our smallholding. All of our cleaning products are environmentally friendly. The toilet paper is 100% recycled & does not involve any plastic packaging and we have implemented various other eco-friendly aspects.
If you want a little slice of luxury, we have a 6 metre bell tent available, perfect for Glamping. Sleeping up to five people, the bell tent comes with a king sized bed, double futon sofa-bed, single futon chair bed, bedding, electric, a small fridge and a kettle. Outside you will find a spacious decking area with a table and chairs under a shade sail along with a fire pit, gas BBQ and a hot plate, perfect for al fresco dining (all cooking implements and crockery are provided).
Campfires are permitted in fire pits (which we hire out), and you can buy firewood (or you can bring your own). Dogs on secure leads are welcome, and there is direct access from the campsite to walking trails through acres of beautiful countryside.
We are open from 1st April until 31st October, the bell tent is available from the end of April until the end of September.
James and Claire look forward to welcoming you to Shottisham Farm.
Want to save 5% off your next booking at Shottisham Campsite? Join our members club to start saving right away!
Happy to pay full price? To visit Shottisham Campsite website please click here.
How to Find us
To locate our campsite, please enter IP12 3HD into your Sat Nav.
- Once we have received an email or phone call detailing your booking request we will consider it a provisional booking until payment is made
- Payment in full is required to confirm your booking
- If payment is not made within one week, we will assume you want to cancel the booking and will make the pitch(es) available to other campers
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or via card payment
- Your booking is confirmed once you have paid us the total amount payable and you have received a confirmation email from us
- You must be over 18 to make a booking.
Cancelling or changing your booking:
Please note that pitch payments are non-refundable nor transferrable to another calendar year. If you cancel a confirmed booking for any reason then we are sorry but we can’t refund the payment. This also includes where you cancel your booking for any reason outside of your reasonable control, including without limitation, inclement weather and illness. We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances if you are concerned. If you want to change your booking, you must let us know by email. Whilst we will do our best to accommodate you, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet any request for changes.
If we need to cancel your booking:
If we need to change or cancel your booking because it becomes impossible to deliver the booking due to unforeseen events beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to pandemic, severe weather events, government forced closures, fire, explosion, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot, invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks) we will not refund your payment. We will do our best to offer you a suitable alternative booking later in the calendar year and we will be as flexible in doing this as we can. If you choose not to accept the alternative we offer, the booking will be deemed cancelled and no refund will be made. We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances.
We accept group bookings (2 or more pitches constitutes a ‘group’), but the following must be adhered to
- Someone from the group must be nominated as group leader
- The group leader should make the booking via email and provide details of the number of pitches required, duration of stay, people per pitch, requirements for electricity, any additional vehicles and awnings, gazebos etc.
- The group leader needs to make full payment within one week of the provisional booking to confirm the booking. We will not accept payment from individual members of the group. If the full payment has not been made within a week we will assume that the booking is to be cancelled
- Small changes to the booking can be made (for example additional people staying on a pitch, a gazebo or extra car), but please let us know in advance
- A pitch consists of one tent, or one caravan or one camper van/motorhome. You cannot have multiple units (tents, caravans, etc.) on a pitch. If you want to add an additional tent or caravan this is considered to be an additional pitch. If you want to book extra pitches then we will do our best to accommodate such a request but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible or if it is that it is possible that they will be in the same camping area.
- All the same terms apply to group bookings as stated in our terms and conditions
For large groups we might not have a single date available, in this instance we will try and offer you separate dates for members of the group. If you do not accept these dates, we will assume you have cancelled your booking. We will not offer refunds in this instance. We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances.
You must not charge an electric vehicle from the accommodation.
Dogs are permitted on our site, but they must be kept on a lead at all times when on the site. You must clean up after your dog.
Our right to evict:
We may terminate our contract with you and ask you to leave your accommodation and the campsite immediately (without any compensation being payable) if:
- We consider that you or your party’s behaviour endangers the safety of our visitors or staff
- Complaints are made of anti-social or unacceptable behaviour against you or your party
- You or your party cause an unreasonable amount of damage to the campsite/smallholding
Copyright 2024 Family Explorer Club - All Rights Reserved