Old Buckenham Country Park is located in 35 acres of beautiful countryside in the heart of Norfolk. The site sits in tranquil parkland with beautiful views all around. At its heart are two natural lakes, home to a wide variety of wildlife including dragonflies, frogs and our resident mute swans.
Surrounding our lakes are hundreds of mature trees and hedgerows, with many footpaths to explore. We take great pride in what we are attempting to achieve at Old Buckenham Country Park and have planted hundreds of trees, hedges and flowers and the site has been extensively landscaped.
It is a haven for wildlife. The lakes fill with frog spawn in the spring and attract herons and swans. The site is also home to owls, free range hens, a truffle pig, two goats and ducks.
Some of our pitches feature an electrical hook-up that is included in the price. Each pitch offers lots of space for both parking and an awning. The cost of a pre-booked pitch starts at £20 for wild camping. We welcome groups of families and well-behaved family dogs as long as they are kept on a lead.
From our lovely decked area you will be able to watch the wildfowl gliding across the lake and you may even be lucky enough to see the deer which visit the park in the evening and early morning.
Fresh water and chemical toilet points are close by in a newly built covered area. We have a licenced café where you can enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat or a gin! We also host on-site fitness classes during the main season and an obstacle course around the park (pre-booking essential).
Whether you are looking for a central location to explore Norfolk for the first time or you are a regular visitor looking for a relaxing weekend, Old Buckenham Country Park is an idyllic location, situated on the outskirts of the beautiful Norfolk village of Old Buckenham, which has one of the largest village greens in England, on the perimeter of which are houses dating back to the 16th century.
Come and join us on our stunning site - we are confident that all the family will love it as much as we do!
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Want to save 5% off your next booking at Old Buckenham Country Park? Join our members club to start saving right away!
Happy to pay full price? Visit https://www.oldbuckenhamcountrypark.co.uk to book.
How to Find us
We are situated between Norwich and Thetford (15 miles from each). The main bypass (A11) will bring you to Attleborough which is roughly two miles from our site. We are situated on Doe Lane, a small country road between Old Buckenham and Banham. Our postcode will allow you to find us using a Sat-Nav system.
The nearest train stations are Attleborough and Diss stations but would require travel from the stations of around 10-15 minutes due to rural location.
1. Fire pits & BBQ's – they have to be off the ground and contained. All used coals must be placed in ash bins. We reserve the right to temporarily ban the use of fire pits if the ground is too dry. Fire wood to be purchased from us – from the café.
2. 9pm is ‘Quiet time’: No music or loud social groups in camping areas.
3. The obstacle course is ‘out of bounds’ to everyone – unless booked in advance and a disclaimer has been completed.
4. One tent/van per pitch (regardless of size).
5. Hot ash: BBQ coal and fire pit ash MUST be disposed off in appropriate ash bins NOT in general waste.
6. Rubbish and recycling to be put into designated bins.
7. No swimming in the lakes.
8. Drinks consumed on the decking/in the café building/coverings must be purchased from the café.
9. Do not empty chemical waste into toilets – there is a disposal point – please ask a member of staff.
10. We are open March to the end of October each year.
Copyright 2024 Family Explorer Club - All Rights Reserved