Callow Top has been run by our family for over 40 years and is an award winning caravan & camping site. We’re surrounded by green, open fields yet within walking distance of the quaint town of Ashbourne and the Tissington Trail cycle route. We are also within easy reach of local market towns including Bakewell, Matlock and Buxton, Callow Top couldn’t be more perfectly located for your caravan, motorhome or self-catering holiday in the Derbyshire & Staffordshire Peak District.
We are open from Easter to early November every year and have fantastic family facilities on-site including an outdoor heated swimming pool, play area, football field, shop, games room and coarse fishing lake. Our on-site shop stocks all the essentials including newspapers, camping supplies, hot drinks machine, toys and is an off-licence. The outdoor heated swimming pool is great for all the family to enjoy and includes a swimming area plus paddling pool for the little ones (open May - September). Whilst visiting us, stop by the Callow Inn and enjoy a drink or a bite to eat in our on-site country pub, serving burgers and pizzas.
We have everything you need to enjoy a great break. We look forward to welcoming you.
Want to save 5% off your next booking at Callow Top Holiday Park? Join our members club to start saving right away!
Happy to pay full price? Visit Callow Top Holiday Park website by clicking here.
How to Find us
To walk from Ashbourne you can walk along the Tissington Trail. From Station Road, near the Leisure Centre, the entrance to the trail is on your left near the traffic lights. Follow the Tissington Trail through the tunnel. Walk past the picnic tables and past the Trail car park. Keep following the trail, go down the dip and up the dip. When you cross the next bridge (over our driveway) look for the wooden gate on the left hand side. Go through the gate and down the steps onto our driveway. Turn right and follow the drive up to the top of the hill.
We're situated on the A515 Ashbourne to Buxton Road just on the North side of Ashbourne. Large signs and flagpoles mark our entrance.
There is no train station in Ashbourne. Our nearest stations are Derby, Uttoxeter and Buxton all about 1/2 hour drive away.
Our nearest bus stop is in Ashbourne. There is no bus serviced to Callow Top. To walk from the bus station, walk from the bus stops towards the old Station Hotel (black & white building) and the Leisure Centre. Cross the road at the old Station Hotel building and turn right. The entrance to the trail is on your left near the traffic lights. Follow the Tissington Trail through the tunnel. Walk past the picnic tables and past the trail car park. Keep following the trail, go down the dip and up the dip. When you cross the next bridge (over our driveway) look for the wooden gate on the left hand side. Go through the gate and down the steps onto our driveway. Turn right and follow the drive up to the top of the hill.
We do not accept group bookings of more than 3 pitches travelling/staying together over the same dates. This applies even if the pitches are booked separately by individual guests. If we become aware that you are booking multiple pitches for the same dates separately, all the bookings will be cancelled.
- If you have not checked-in within 24 hours of your arrival time (i.e. 12 noon on your arrival day) and we have not heard from you, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let your pitch.
- If, after check-in, you decide to cut your holiday short, for any reason, and leave before your departure date, no monies will be refundable.
- Callow Top is a family park and we ask that noise must be kept to a minimum at all times and to an absolute minimum after 10.30pm.
- Guests staying at Callow Top cannot have day/evening visitors
- Motorised scooters/bikes (except disability aids) are not permitted on site.
- Pitches are available from 12 noon on your arrival day. During peak season you must vacate the site by 11 am. During the low season, a late stay may be arranged (subject to availability), free of charge, at reception
- Pitches are allocated on booking. If you require multiple pitches and do not book all the pitches at once, your pitches will not be together.
- If you have a large unit you must tell us at the time of booking. If you fail to advise us we cannot guarantee that your pitch will be of adequate size.
Copyright 2024 Family Explorer Club - All Rights Reserved